10. Your husband will wonder why you insist on watching PBR
9. You will have to come up with a good reason for watching
8. You’ll buy your husband spurs and chaps for his birthday,
and then you’ll have to figure out how to get him to wear them.
7. You will want a pair of high heels with spurs, too, but
where to find them?
6. You’ll have a sudden urge to acquire a pet skunk. Your husband isn’t any more enthusiastic about this than he was when you wanted to watch Cats instead of the Super Bowl.
5. You’ll be trolling the pound for a bloodhound/collie mix just like Beauty.
4. You’ll be looking at real estate in Grasmere, Idaho, where the story is set. I’ll save you
some time—here’s a map of the area.
3. You’ll break out into a fit of giggles when you hear the prologue to Canterbury Tales.
2. You’ll be very disappointed because there’s not one single chicken in this book. Anywhere.
And the number one reason why you shouldn’t read Down Home Ever Lovin’ Mule Blues:
1. You’ll never look at a mule again without wondering if he’s the real Socrates.